Friday, May 13, 2016

Weeks Eighteen, May 4, 2016 and Nineteen, May 11, 2016

Well, I skyved off all week Eighteen. I have valid excuses for half the week; however, I can’t justify not stitching that Friday or Saturday…As for the latter part of the week, Husband was due back on a midnight flight from Chicago on May 1 so I drove up to Toledo’s airport to pick him up, only to find that, upon my arrival, her was still in Chicago (mechanical difficulties) and so he didn’t get in until 1:05 AM! Then we had to wit for luggage and… his didn’t arrive! So we didn’t get home until nearly 3 AM and that really messed up my sleep cycle. 

It didn’t help that on Tuesday, we had our quarterly meeting with our financial advisor (No big deal except that all things financial really stress me out). Then on Wednesday, Husband had a Mohs procedure scheduled for a basal cell carcinoma on his forward. I drove him to the doctor’s office in the early AM, came home and cleaned for the cleaning lady (yes, I know, I’m strange like that) and then went back to pick him up after he was through (they got it all).

So I tried to make up for this in week Nineteen and managed to complete colors 8, 9, 10, and 11, and am 25% of the way through color 12 (the last color! YAY!). Shouldn’t take more than one good night’s stitching to finished up “Rematch”:



and here is where the whole piece is right now:




Otherwise, it was a lovely week, between rain, hail and wind, and the redbud, crabapple and dogwood trees around our house were in full bloom at the start of week nineteen:


 


And yesterday, the pink-and-white tree peony in my old raised bed was in full flower:




A week of pink and white!

This coming week — well there’s another excuse coming up! I have quilt guild tonight (Friday night - I'm late in posting this), a colonoscopy early morning Monday (that’s a day shot, as well as the day leading up to it for prep) and a haircut on Tuesday… all of which will probably contribute to me losing my mojo AGAIN! I will try to get “Rematch” finished and some time in on the outline for the final mandala, “Return”, which is placed and partially stitched in half-cross right now. No other promises, so it may be two weeks before I post again…


No comments:

Post a Comment