Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Breaking News! A COMPLETION!

I have finished something! Woo Hoo! I couldn't wait until my usual check-in to celebrate!

Here is "Return", completed:



And here is the complete series, ready to frame (man will that cost a fortune --- the stitched portion of the fabric is a little more than  a half yard!




This started out as an online SAL, organized and moderated by Tracey Horner of InkCircles There are 9 Roll Your Own mandalas. I decided I would do them all on one piece of fabric ("Iris Garden" by Silkweaver, 32 ct Jobelin) in the "Tropical Ocean" colorway.

There were a number of preset colorways available or one could design one's own (hence the name, "Roll Your Own"). Since I'm not that comfortable with designing color schemes, I opted for one already posted. "Tropical Ocean" consists of 12 DMC threads in four color groupings: Bright Green - 3850, 3851 and 959; Teal Green - 3847, 3848 and 3849; Delft Blue - 798, 809 and 747; and Navy Blue - 823, 311 and 312, all outlined in black - DMC 310.  


I started it the week of January 21, 2014 and finished on August 8, 2016! Talk about a BAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment