Friday, July 15, 2011

WIP myself into shape, Week 28


Gosh, not a single WIP to show! After I finished "Frog Pile", I found I have lost my stitching motivation. Not that I don't have a stash to choose from:

 - a whole slew of already-to-stitch charts in my project bag next to my bed (that shiny one is another Quaker called Spooky Quaker):


 - my August Bead Journal mask (at least I have an idea for this one..):


 - my 2010 BJP "book":


- the needlepoint piece my husband wants me to start (WHY do I dread the floss toss?):


to say nothing of two cabinets full of charts (some kitted up, most not), kits and UFOs!

But nothing in it is inspiring me at present. So this week, a break! Maybe the weekend will reinvigorate me...or maybe I need to clean up my work space, put away all those odds and ends of threads from the past few months of stitchery, find the top of my cutting table again, and get to work on a quilt top or two? AAARGH!

Oh, I registered my pieces at the fair office, only to be told by the clerk that her sewing group was so disappointed at the poor showing last year (I KNEW I won because no-one else entered!) that they are "flooding" (my word, not hers, but the implication is there) the fair with over 200 entries (not in cross stitch but definitely in machine embroidery and they don't distinguish in the big money categories between hand and machine embroidery!) ! Get ready, for rejection, kiddo, 'cause the competition is being upped several notches!

2 comments:

  1. First, I vote for Spooky Quaker - just because I love that one and don't have it (yet) :)

    Second - ummmm, how can your fair NOT distinguish between hand & machine embroidery? Maybe they will have to after this year, because they cannot be judged one against the other, it's impossible! I don't think the competition is being upped, I think it's being unfairly watered down :( Good luck nonetheless, and here's hoping they make changes for next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TO be honest, I'm not sure. There is one category, under "household accessories" for a machine embroidered item and that is the only one specified for machine. The categories I entered, except for the big-money ticket of the fair's theme, are clearly hand embroidery but... the fair theme just says "stitched" --- so it is likely that someone (the clerk's mother) who puts in 40 hours of machine embroidery on a piece for Halloween is undoubtedly going to be in competition with my hand-stitched-and-beaded witches...

    ReplyDelete