Friday, July 22, 2011

WIP myself into shape, Week 29


Well, I didn't pick even one of the projects awaiting me that I described in my last post. Instead, I explored my stash and found this little piece: "Tea by the Sea" by Sandra Murray. A study in satin stitch...


If it wasn't so hot here, I'd be done with it by now! But it drives me nuts since the silk mori it is stitched with catches on my rough hands (I had a fungal infection in college which still persists on my fingers in hot weather and they tend to "peel" in summer). My plan was to get used to stitching with silk again before I tackled that big, pricey sampler I bought and kitted out at Needle in a Haystack but the issues with the silk may have put me off for a while.

3 comments:

  1. That is really pretty!!! Gorgeous colors and such interesting patterns! Sorry the silk is snag-rific. Is that the same silk you have in the sampler? A different brand might be a lot easier to deal with (my preferred brands are Gloriana, Thread Gatherer & HDF - don't like NPI and sometimes Dinky Dyes, which I seem to shred).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's NPI I have in the sampler.

    The main problem is my hands, I think --- not the silk, because I've stitched with silk mori before and didn't have this problem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I THINK it's NPI I have for the sampler --- I'd have to look to be certain.

    I've stitched with Dinky Dyes before and didn't have this problem --- pretty sure it's my hands...

    ReplyDelete