Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another completion

That vaunted "Christmas gift" piece... dark Christmas red silk mori on white linen:
It's actually one of the border motifs from "Cottage Garden", designer Marc Davis for Needlemania but the entire piece (7 more of these motifs to make up a rectangle plus some speciality stitching in the center) was WAY too big for the box lid I want to mount it on. This is just right for a 5" x 5" opening... and besides, it's a counting nightmare!

And I have enough linen and probably enough silk as well to do the entire piece someday --- but not someday soon. I have kitted-up pieces galore waiting to be stitched (many of which are Bargello Club, Stash Busting Club and Bead Journal Project projects), to say nothing of a few UFOs from ages ago, and of course, "Sewing with Mama!"!

Oh, and did I tell you? I registered to do "Kimono: 90 Stitches" at Shining Needle Society. I clearly must be mad!

1 comment: