Thursday, November 24, 2011

TWO completions!

Both needlepoint.

The first was the LAS Mini Sock: Potpourri III, designed by Janet Perry and posted on her web site. LAS stands for "Learn A Stitch" and these socks are mini samplers. I shopped my stash and used GAST variegated (Purple Iris) and four shades of Needlepaints in the orchid range (2002, 2003, 2007, 2008). There's a mistake in this one which I didn't discover until two rows further on, and since I was running short of that color, I couldn't rip it out. I don't think it shows but an expert would find it... Also, since I was running out of the GAST, I had to use fewer strands in the toe section of the sock than in the cuff...

The second was Anna's Ribbons, one of two in the November Bargello Club installment. It uses a variegated sock yarn (Walk Away's "Heel to Toe" # 42) and a finger-weight pastel (Baby Bee's Sweet Delight "Suharplum" #60). First time I had to go our and BUY something as I didn't have a thread that variegated the way I wanted! As you can see, I have issues with circles --- they always seem to come out flat on one side or another!

So now i have to ask myself ...I'm NOT a purple person but I seem to be doing a lot of purple of late! Why do I own so much purple variegated threads?

1 comment:

  1. Both lovely pieces!! If I need a purple, I know who to talk to, it looks like :)

    ReplyDelete