Friday, December 9, 2011

WIP myself into shape, Week 49

Sewing with Mama! --- 

the background stitchery is finished (unless I fond a missing stitch when doing the top stitching, that is... that often happens). I even got in some of the blending filament work (Cross stitched a pair of scissors near the sewing machine needle) and all the French knots (pin heads on the pin cushion to the right of the machine, because they used the same blending thread as the scissors,  as well as attached to the machine arm, and four on the sewing machine balance wheel, just because!)! Now to decipher the very cryptic backstitch. straight stitch, and couching directions since all the lines on the stitching chart are of the same color, weight and thickness, one has to be able to determine just what constitutes an item like "heavy" straight stitches on the sewing machine, etc...

I suspect it will sit this weekend through since I did a thorough count of kitted up pieces: 8 Learn a Stitch stockings from Janet Perry, one Bargello Club piece, two Stash Busting Club pieces, and the December BJP await! And the messages and tutorials are already flying in the Kimono-revisted class. I did get the the "Frog Pile" framed and the Christmas gift box lid assembled through. The exchange is December 20, so they need gift wrapping now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - well done! It looks wonderful now, so I can only imagine how much the top stitching will add! Good luck sorting it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly beautiful, Carol! I wish I could see it in real life. I love it!

    ReplyDelete