Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of Year Wrap-up --- and plans for 2012

I thought 2010 was a low productivity year with only 17 completions but 2011 has it beat! I had 32 completions  (1 of which was a long-standing UFO) but most (25) of the completions were small needlepoint stitch exercise pieces. I did manage to hold off on starting a new piece until a current  WIP was finished. I did complete the 2011 Bead Journal Project (although each piece needs to be "finished" into a wall hanging). And my seven entries in the county fair won 5 blue ribbons, 1 red and one white (I actually made my entry fee back!)!  I am a full-fledged, non-quilting member of the local quilt guild (and their webmaster as well!); maybe one day I will actually quilt something! So I guess I didn't do so badly after all.

I end the year with 2 WIPs: "Sewing with Mama", a Candamar kit, designed by Sandy Lynam Clough, which has all the embellishment stitching to go, and "Palm Tree Elegance", a Dimensions needlepoint kit, which I worked on briefly, again while on a cruise.

I have four UFOs still in the cupboard:
"Angel of Love" - started before we moved to England in 1992!
"Celestial Angel"  - started before we moved to England in 1992!
"Map of England and Wales" - started in Saudi
"Nature's Song" (excerpted from a larger chart) - started in Saudi

to say nothing of that ancient crewel-work pillow (I'm sure the moths have done in the wool by now) and all the top work on six or seven needlepoint pieces that all predate 1992! And a slew of piece-worked tops from quilting classes in Saudi...

And then there is my Round Robin piece from 2006 --- I still need to finish that off. As well as two BJP years, and a slew of Bargello and Learn-a-Stitch needlepoint exercises! Finishing is my weak point, as you can see...

So 2012:

In addition to "Sewing with Mama" (and "Palm Tree Elegance" on next year's cruise!), I have re-upped with the Bead Journal Project; signed up for challenges at Take a Stitch Tuesday 2012, the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012, and the 2012 WIPopalyse; as well as signed up for a year-long online course for "Kimono - Revisted" at Silver Needle Society. There are still Learn-a-Stitch mini socks to do (five, I think), and there are the ongoing exercise pieces in Janet Perry's Bargello and Stash-Busting Clubs…

So many from Cross Stitch Crazy have joined the WIPocalypse 2012 Challenge that the theme over there (and therefore here) will be WIPocalypse as well! In addition to my regular weekly progress reports, there will be specific WIPocalypse postings on the full moon of every month and special postings for TAST 2012 (Tuesdays), CQJP 2012 (monthly), Kimono-Revisted (monthly), and BJP 2012 (monthly, I hope!). Blogging will be keeping me as busy as stitching, I fear!

This sure doesn't leave me a lot of room for starting anything "new", and that could become a problem because I've been feeling a case of start-itis coming on for a month or two now...

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing your progress on some of your WIPs.

    ReplyDelete