Thursday, August 14, 2014

2014 - Staying Connected, Week Thirty-two

A day late --- I totally forgot! Ooops! Not a good way to "stay connected", is it?

Anyway, not a lot to report since my WIPocalypse check-in. I did try stitching on Biltmore Sunday abd ended up frogging two hours worth of stitching because of a massive miscount. SO I'm back to where I was at the end of June! AAARGH!

I decided to bit the bullet and stitch on my bead journal piece ---even though it isn't turning out like I had in my head. I have the bird stitched now --- just the background to go.



The "Seed Bead Botany" classes have been posted and I'm already behind (no surprise there) and I've been chastized by the teacher for not finishing the hemstitching class in the Funk & Weber finishing classes (meanwhile, the piecing classes have started and I'm behind there too!). And to compound matters, another TAST was issued on Tuesday and all I've managed to do is print out the instructions! 

My excuse? the plumber came to check our HVAC system on Monday in the middle of a raging thunderstorm, I had CSA pick-up and girls' night out on Tuesday and a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. All three had me up earlier than I would have liked so I was basically out for the count most of the day. My excuse and I'm sticking to it.


Doesn't look good for the rest of the week either... quilt guild meeting tonight, friends over for a BBQ on Saturday night (when it is forecast to rain) so we need to shop on Friday and clean house like little demons just in case we have to bail to plan B and move indoors... Have no idea when I'll get back to stitchery or papercrafting this week... NOT a happy situation but when life calls, one has to answer, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment