Wednesday, August 27, 2014

2014 - Staying Connected, Week Thirty-four

Stitched on and completed this past week were:

The "Dossier" block required of all quilt guild members (it's a log cabin with the "chimney" center signed and dated for when I joined the guild; as you can see, I'm four years late in getting it ready!):



This is the second block I made, since I misread instructions and the first one was too large by far (it came out 7.5"!).  I'm going to use it for my "practice fabric" for the "Seed Bead Botany" class...



Both aren't square either --- 1/2 inch larger one way than the other. Have NO idea what I'm doing wrong here...

My August atc/ornament for the Bead Journal Project:



I think it's a cardinal (our state bird) who thinks it should be summer and he's masquerading as a firebird. Until this week, it never really felt like summer here, and it's not supposed to last. Maybe his fire dance brought on the heat and humidity?

The two Take a Stitch Tuesday stitches: #126 Alternating Up and Down Buttonhole and #127 Beaded Alternating Up and Down Buttonhole:



As you can see, I seem to have lost my place in the beaded version and it stopped being up-and-down in two places! Too lazy to rip it out so I made it part of the pattern (my story and I'm sticking to it!).

I started again on the outline for "Brides" of RYO, but didn't get very far (my stitching mojo seems to have flown):



And I did a floss toss for a John Clayton golf piece which will be for next year's fair entry (whose theme is Get in the Game" - i.e. sports!)



Husband, the golfer in the family, picked the chart! Turns out I was 68 skeins short in my stash for the asked-for floss (John Clayton designs use a LOT of floss, an these two use a lot of dull green floss!) and I also didn't have any cuts of neutral fabric that will fit the charts. A trip to Michaels on Sunday resulted in a remaining missing list of roughly 20 skeins! Looks like an online shopping trip is in my future!

Untouched, and needing attention are:

"Save the Stitches", blocks 10 - 15 (I expect ##16 and 17 will be out next week)
The Funk & Weber Finishing class on piecing - (I've printed out and scanned lesson four of this third class but...)
The "Seed Bead Botany Class - (They are already on lesson 3 and I have only just finished prepping my project fabrics!)
"Biltmore", which is back in the travel bag after the frog attack!


And of course, there will be the September Crazy Quilt Challenge Block, the September Bead Journal Project ornament, the next Take-a-Stitch-Tuesday stitches, the quilt guild retreat bock (needs quilting and binding) and the Meals On Wheels Christmas place mat... I need some time, LOTS of time! and I don't see where it's going to come from. Oh well...





No comments:

Post a Comment