Monday, August 18, 2014

International Hermit and Stitch Weekend - August 15 - 17


The weekend was dominated by a BBQ at our house for 12 of husband's high school classmates and their others. The purpose was to inaugurate the planning for the class's 55th year-since-graduation reunion. My assignment was to acquire the meats and condiments (that took most of Friday, further complicated because the grocery store and parking lot were JAMMED with tractor pull contestants all shopping for their beer and camping supplies; in case you aren't aware - and odds are, you weren't, as I certainly wasn't until we moved here - our little university town is home to the National Tractor Pull every August!). Saturday was devoted to the annual daylily sale so husband was fully occupied up until arrival of the guests so I had to clear at least two public rooms in the house for food storage (we NEVER seem to have refrigerator storage for one of these pot luck things) and indoor room for a Plan B in case it rained (there was forecast a 20% chance...). By the time they left at about 7 PM Saturday night, I wasn't in a stitching mood.

Sunday, I spent a few hours in the morning and afternoon cutting fabric for two quilt blocks (one the required submittal to the guild which I have been putting off for years  


and the other the guild challenge block for the annual retreat.



I actually managed to assemble the challenge block:



In the evening, I tackled the background on the August Bead Journal Project atc/ornament --- and got half-way there:




Other than a card for the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge and a start on a basic card, purpose yet undetermined, I didn't get a lot accomplished in crafting this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment