Wednesday, September 3, 2014

2014 - Staying Connected, Week Thirty-five

I didn't stay connected at all this past week. I spent the weekend working on challenge #10 for the Compendium of Curiosities #3 Challenge. I even read a book (!!!): the latest Deborah Crombie Inspector Kincaid novel (and it was wonderful!) and started another - a Victorian era historical mystery Called "The Yard". 

I think my stitching mojo is suffering from county fair aftershock. Nothing appeals to me in my project bag, I don't want to start something new and... so I didn't stitch a thing until Tuesday, and then, only because I didn't want to fall further behind in TAST! The latest stitch (#128) is another variation of buttonhole stitchL the Interlaced Up and Down Buttonhole:



There's a new pair of charts printed out, and not stitched, for "Save the Stitches" by Elizabeth Almond. That makes blocks 14 - 17 to be outlined  and blocks 10 - 17 to be filled!

And I read the final lesson in the third "Finishing" class from Funk & Weber.

But otherwise, this week was a stitchery no-show! I need to get the base block ready for my September Crazy Quilt Challenge and the atc/ornament sketched out for my September Bead Journal Project. My Seed Bead Botany class is languishing, while everyone else is on lesson three, I'm still prepping my fabric and I really need to view the video links before they take the course down in the next two weeks! I have to sort the threads for the two John Clayton golf charts for next year's fair (the threads I was missing arrived this past weekend). And there's a quilt work day coming up where I would like to get something done (let's see, there's the retreat challenge block that needs to be finished, a Meals on Wheels Christmas placemat that needs making, two Crazy Quilt Journal years of blocks that need assembly into wall hangings and that Chinese coin top I started at last retreat than needs finishing as well!). And I have a HUGE stack of bargello ornament fronts that need to be finished as well... 


As you can see, I'm really falling further and further behind, and sadly, not feeling guilty at all! I'm enjoying my papercrafting and have my reading mojo back as well! YAY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment