Thursday, February 26, 2015

Weeks Seven and Eight, February 19 through 26, 2015

While week 7 was yet another week with no stitching. I did make it to quilt guild and found out why I will NEVER EVER submit one of my quilts (assuming I ever complete one) for judging! There may be no "quilt police" but there sure are rules and rules and MORE rules!, most of which I NEVER come close to following! But otherwise, it's tax season, we are changing accountants, and I was buried in receipts and the like. I got the package to the accountant on Tuesday , the 17th ((although there was a late arrival 1099-B which was delivered on Monday, the 23rd) and now I await the final verdict. Keep your fingers crossed! 

The rest of my crafting time in Week Seven was spent on papercrafting: a card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (Paradise), challenge, and tags (three, count 'em, THREE) for the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge #22! All are shown on my stamping blog... 

In Week 8, I did get back to stitchery, thanks to International Hermit and Stitch Weekend. I pulled out the crazy quilt block I had prepped for the January edition of the 2015 Crazy Quilt Journal Project, and changed direction straightaway! It is now the February block, and will also serve as my 2015 Bead Journal Project piece as well.

On Monday, I pulled fabric and planned out my January bock and on Wednesday, I assembled the basic block for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project and the Bead Journal Project. I selected beads and threads and am ready to stitch:



In the evenings, I also pulled out some stitching!!! I got out "Bride" of the roll Your Own Mandala series, last touched  in early January, and finished up color #8 (of 12 total):



While I may not have my mojo back entirely, it looks like stitchery is now back on track and I hope to make good progress in the coming week!


No comments:

Post a Comment