Wednesday, February 4, 2015

WIPocalypse 2015 - February 4, 2015

This month's topic for discussion is "How do you overcome that feeling that you’re in a rut with a particular project?"

I'm afraid I have no answer for this one. At present, I am in a rut with two big projects: 

  • "Roll Your Own Mandalas", of which there are 9, and I had planned to do all nine on one piece of fabric; I am stalled at #3, "Bride"!
  • "Save the Stitches" blackwork sampler, where I have the entire piece outlined but have more than half of the filling stitches to do

It doesn't help that, along with these big pieces, which are, of necessity slow going because they are so big, I have committed along the way to several smaller pieces that have deadlines: Crazy Quilt Journal Project, Bead Journal Project, and Take A Stitch Tuesday. And while the last of these (TAST) is pretty straightforward, the other two require some introspection and creativity which I am finding increasingly difficult.

I expect my solution is to take a short vacation from all of these. This year, that vacation was a two week cruise *and* an overlapping sinus infection (with accompanying headache and cough) which pretty much killed my stitching mojo. Since returning to cold and snowy Ohio, and recovering, more or less, from the sinus issues, I have been paper crafting instead. 


Needless to say, I have little to report since the last WIPocalypse report in January. Another color has been stitched into "Bride" and a base block for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project/January 2015, has been assembled Other than that, nil, nada, zilch, zero! I'm hoping that, by the next WIPocalypse, I will have my mojo back and will have progress to report for my stitchery!

No comments:

Post a Comment