Sunday, January 24, 2016

WIPocalypse 2016 - January 24

This will be my fifth year participating in WIPocalypse; I find it useful in keeping me on point, as it were. There are a lot of activities, ranging from the mundane (household chores, for example) to the creative (I’ve taken a major interest in paper crafting add mixed media in the last year), often interrupted by the odd road trip (I don’t stitch well without magnification and decent light, none of which seem to be available where we spend out “holiday” times, and my Ott floor light is a little large to take along to compensate, so stitchery suffers in this times).

My projects this year are cross-stitch, with some crazy-quilt/bead journal projects from the past few years to “finish-finish”. There is a traveling needlepoint piece and a LOT of UFOs dating back to the 1990s!, some of which MIGHT (probably not) make my to-do list this year. My 2016 goal, however, s to get back on track in embroidery and FINISH something (last year was one of my worst completion records ever!)!

I have two BAPS “in progress” for 2016. The first is Elizabeth Almond’s “Save the Stitches’; blackwork sampler, which I haven’t touched since April of 2015. It has all the outlines done and a little more than half the filling stitches (13 blocks) done (except for beads — that will be last).


The second is Tracey Horner’s “Roll Your Own” series of nine mandalas.  seven of which were completed by the end of 2015:



Since January 1, I have made some progress on the outline for the eighth mandala (“Rematch”):





Here’s hoping I can actually motivate and finish at LEAST one of these pieces in time for entry in the county fair (deadline would be July) but given my rate of stitching on any one mandala (roughly four months average), I have my doubts. So… unless I really get on a roll and don’t meet up with the frog again, it looks like my goals are more realistic for 2017 goals, rather than 2016 goals. Still, I shall try!

No comments:

Post a Comment