Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 2011 Bead Journal Project

"January Ice"

Started with a Mardi Gras mask template from online, reduced by 50%. Transferred to a piece of white felt which I then beaded. Cut out the felt, attached to the background fabric, glues a snowflake to the white shell bead, edged the cut-out with some string "beads" and added the "tassels" of Swarovsky crystal (sadly, what I thought were white crystal drops show up yellowish in light... Oh well). and glass beads.

I learned that felt is tricky to bead on --- little strings of the wool kept attacking my needle, making placement of beads tedious. I also learned that beads will come off if you cut too close!  And that the ink I used to transfer the project is still a little visible. So some felt and some ink still show. Have to come up with another way for February.

Not sure how I'm going to finish this. I wanted to go smaller than last years 5 x5 but now it looks like 5 by 7 rectangles will be the end result.

Oh, yes, and masks are my 2011 theme! Why? I don't know. I just saw a Venetian mask and that was it...

1 comment:

  1. That's great!! I have never done any beading like that at all - it would be fun to learn....

    ReplyDelete