Friday, January 7, 2011

WIP myself into shape, Week 1

Walking --- one mile. 20 minutes for each of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Snow on Thursday and didn't make it to the gym --- ooops! Oh well, baby steps!

"Fountain Mandala" by Elizabeth Almond, published in issues 53 and 54 of "The Gift of Stitching". 28 ct linen, DMC floss in pastels, black and grey;  Rainbow Gallery gold and silver braid; and Mill Hill gold seed beads --- not my usual color preferences. But it is heavy into blackwork and that is what tempted me!

12 charts, and I'm working at this DMC first, then braid, then beads. So while I have stitched the majority of DMC parts in the first six charts I can't really say I'm anywhere near half-way through...


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, that looks really interesting so far - I love blackwork, though have actually done very little. I haven't gotten GoS the last couple of years - every now & then, I see someone's WIP that makes me wonder if I'm really missing it or not (I have yet to do any project from the couple of years I did get it). Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, this looks very interesting and sounds like it will be Beautiful. Will these 12 charts be your BJP's? Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no --- what I meant was there ar 12 pages of charts for this piece alone! hat you see here is simply the nearly complete border which was six charts alon. thr is a cnter piece with six more pags of charts!

    My BJP's --- I have a theme in mind and am trying to work out exactly how big (I want to go smaller than last years 5" x5" but I don't want to be as small as an ATC --- too limiting) and how I will finish them but I'm hoping that, within the theme, I will be going somewhat "free-form". Holding off on revealing the theme until I'm sure it will work.

    ReplyDelete