Monday, January 2, 2012

Starting off 2012 with a bang...

Literally! At midnight, someone set off a rocket of some sort! Woke me up!

Anyway, I did stitch yesterday, in between cooking and football (although there really wasn't much football worth watching). And I have two completions to report!

The first is Learn-a-Stitch mini-sock - Cashmere Variations:


Not sure what possessed me to do it in browns,. Sort of looks like a Starbuck's sampler of teas and coffees! I used all WDW from my stash: Molasses (1268), Havana (1230), Sand (3500), Cappuccino (1238) and Harvest (4103). I think it all worked except that toe... it's a little olive green for my taste.

The second is Learn-a-Stitch - Milanese:


Again, the color selection betrayed me. This one came out looking sort of Easter-eggy, I think. This time my stash yielded up two WDW threads - Old Glory (4133 - and the real mistake here, I think) and Celebration (4123); and three DMC (335, 472, and 498).

I also picked out fabric I am going to use for my January installment of the Crazy Quilt Journal Challenge 2012 and Bead Journal Project 2012 - and based the color selection on the Color Palette Challenge going on over at Patchwork Times:


Of course, this means I need to get my sewing machine dusted off and get started, ASAP! I wonder if I can overcome my inertia there...

1 comment:

  1. Great finishes already, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with in all of your endeavors this year!!

    ReplyDelete