Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week Ten, March 12, 2015

In this week, my plan was to get some of the filling stitches into "Save the Stitches" and I did manage that - all of Block 10 is now complete: 



And I started the outline for the first of the three "Spawn" in the Roll Your Own" mandalas. Marcia is centered directly under "Reloaded: (I decided to start with "Marcia" because 'she" was the largest of the three "Spawn"). The outline is now a little more than half done:



I also planned out the March Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal block and selected fabrics in "March Colors": purple, aqua, black and white (with a touch of green). No stitching on it yet...

Quilt Guild pot luck is tonight so I won't be able to get back to work tonight but, after my mammogram on Friday (the last of 6 medical appointments in this first two weeks of March! AAARGH!) and a necessary shop for grocery pantry supplies (out pantry is so bare of basics that it looks like we will starve in the next few weeks unless I get out there and work the supermarket aisles), I should have a clear road ahead this weekend... I think, at least for a while, I will continue on this informal rotation of two nights on "Marcia", two nights on "Save the Stitches" and two nights on the CQJ/BJP piece...


Meanwhile, we are in the middle of a thaw --- that time of year when the melting snow is filthy grey, the ground beneath is so saturated the corn fields look like shallow lakes, the river is partially thawed and there is nothing but brown visible in the landscape. Here's hoping, however, that this thaw is not a false spring and warmer days are ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment