Thursday, March 26, 2015

Week Twelve, March 26, 2015

After the conclusion of International Hermit and Stitch Weekend  http://210920746822434353.weebly.com/my-stitchery-journal/international-hermit-and-stitch-weekend-march-20-22, where I accomplished very little, I got back into the stitching groove Monday night and finished my March Crazy Quilt Journal Project/Bead Journal Project block:



March came in like a lion with another snowstorm with significant accumulation (the top left) but, in mid month a sudden thaw occurred where all the snow disappeared and green shoots were found in teh garden (lower right. Unfortunately, the thaw was short-lived as snow reappeared on the 23rd and the 26th, (and more is forecast for the next weekend) so there is still snow (lace) on the ground where the daffodils and daylilies dared to make an appearance!

Girls' Night Out interfered with stitching on Tuesday, but on Wednesday, "Marcia", the first of the "Spawn" of Roll Your Own, came out of the project bag and the first two colors were put in (well, color two is only about 2/4 done):



It's looking pretty dark right now but that is just a result of how I choose when and which colors I  stitch (or at least I hope so. If not, this surely is going to look strange with the much brighter large mandalas). 

No comments:

Post a Comment