Thursday, March 5, 2015

WIPocalypse 2015, March 5 - The Worm Moon (and the smallest full moon of 2015)

This month's topic is: "If money – and time – were not limiters, what projects would be on your stitching bucket list?"

Well, I'm not really sure how to answer this. I subscribe to a number of stitchery magazines and have a HUGE stash of charts (some kitted, most not) as well as a slowly diminishing stash of fabric (I really need to replace some of the linens) and floss. I know that my taste has changed over the last four decades of stitchery and most of those charts will never be stitched (although I have issues with getting rid of them... is hoarding part of crafting? I suspect so) but I have a huge library to draw on should I wish to splurge. In this instance, time is the limiting factor! But the project I would LOVE to tackle is one of Michael Powell's series of village scenes, be it Tuscany or Venice or rural England (or even the newest French one)...

If money were no object, however, I would really stock up on fabric, floss, embellishments and the like. These are the "consumables" in this craft and I do go through them like water. There was a time when money was no object here but no more and I have to be very selective, especially when it comes to the more pricey hand-dyed and overdyed fabrics and flosses.

So...

Last month, I set the following goal: to get "...my mojo back and will have stitchery to report progress on!" Well, I think I did accomplish that!
I stitched, and completed:

  • Crazy QuiltJournal Project/Bead Journal Project pieces for January and February 
  • "Bride", the third Roll Your Own mandala designed by Tracy Horner



In the coming "moon", I hope to start at least one of the three "Spawn" in the Roll Your Own series, start on the fill for some of the "Save the Stitches" by Elizabeth Almond (she has a new SAL starting this month and a smaller chart  in the latest "Just Cross Stitch" magazine and I am already getting start-itis) and complete the March entry into my combined Crazy Quilt Journal Project/Bead Journal Project for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment