Thursday, July 30, 2015

Week Thirty, July 30, 2015, when it finally hit 90 degrees!

It's been super hot here--- we finally hit 90 (327 days since the last 90-or-above temperatures) but the worst of it was the humidity. Heat effect made it feel like triple digits! Shades of Saudi Arabia! Perfect weather to stay indoors and stitch. And I did just that (sort of --- other projects also took up some time)!

My stitching mojo is back! Not at full force, but back nonetheless. 

I got in work on two projects this past week: the crazy Quilt/Bead Journal Project block and the "Roll Your Own Mandala"!

I started in on the fifth mandala on "Roll Your Own" while waiting for some time to get away to buy muslin backing for my crazy quilt blocks. I finished the outline during the week, and managed to get one color done and a second started!



On Tuesday, i laid out a grid, selected fabric and cut fabric for three months of crazy quilt blocks (July, August and September). I also selected some embellishments for July, which I hope to get stitching on tonight! Here are the three basic blocks:

July:

August:


September:


All the rain in June and July, to say nothing of the July heat, has made our daylilies bloom spectacularly. My little camera can't do the entire landscape justice but here's an attempt at the front garden:




Here's hoping August doesn't become the traditional "dog days"... I rather liked June and early July when 90 was a rarity...

No comments:

Post a Comment