Friday, July 3, 2015

WIPocalypse 2015 - July 2: Full Buck Moon

This month's topic is:  Reality or Fantasy. Which do you prefer to stitch? Figures or Abstract?

Well, I'm not exactly sure. I do a lot of stuff that clearly is what it purports to be but isn't exactly realistic, if you know what I mean. Lots of primitives (a la Prairie Schooler) and lots of "sketches" (al la Michael Powell), in other words. I also do a lot of samplers: traditional alphabet samplers aren't my favorites but I really like Quakers. And then there is blackwork, which really isn't realistic, is it, even if the subject matter is recognizeable. So I guess I'd have to vote for abstract even though I have done figures in the past.

Last month, my goal was basically unstated: "There are at least two (April or May and June) Crazy quilt/Bead Journal blocks to do and the ever lurking BAPS ("Save The Stitches" and "Roll Your Own Mandalas") calling to me from the WIP pile."

Well, I never got to either of those WIPs. But I did get in some stitching! I got in quite a bit on my traveling piece, "Palm Tree Elegance", getting all the leopard spots done and quite a bit of the terra cotta filler around them in the border (it is now put back into the traveling bag awaiting our next road trip).  I also assembled two Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal Project blocks (one each for April and June) and stitched (and completed) the blocks for April and May.  So that's something, I guess.

Next month, my plan is to get caught up on Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal blocks (which means I have to cut and assemble a block for July and stitch on both June and July. Then, if time allows, I will probably take out "Roll Your Own Mandala" and get cracking on the second of the three "brats".


No comments:

Post a Comment