Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 1

And I have been stitching away at the Learn-a-Stitch mini-socks. Think I got 'em all with this one - Harvest PotPourri:

Completed January 6 (instead of taking down my Christmas decorations!), using stash threads: Carries Creations "Orange Grove" and DMC 434, 437, 468, 470, 676, 677 and 921.

My other "finish" this week as a Finish Frenzy Challenge set by Cross Stitch Crazy --- eight ornaments circa 2007-2010 that have been languishing in my "completed" pile were finished up into ornaments.


It's embarrassing home many pieces are in that "pile": 3 crewel, 51 cross-stitch and 40 needlepoint If I take any more finishing challenges, it will be digging more pieces out of that pile...

I also started on the most recent Bargello Club project - Pink Champagne Cupcake - which  should be finished today, and I have the crazy quilt base for the Color Palette Challenge, Crazy Quilt Journal 2012 and Bead Journal Project 2012 joint project done, trimmed and ready to embellish with embroidery and beads!


1 comment:

  1. Great finishes on all those ornies - your finished pile makes me not feel so bad about mine :)

    ReplyDelete