Friday, January 27, 2012

Take A Stitch Tuesday 2012 Challenge - Week 4

Cretan Stitch! This is one I have never done before and although the actual stitch isn't that complicated, it took me a couple of redos before I figured it out...


It's stitched in GAST "Forest Glade" which looked green in the skein but not so much in the stitch.

I think I've made a decision about how I'm going to treat this band sampler too... I calculated it would be over 8 feet long if I tried to just go on as it is so, instead, I'm going to cut the fabric at the end of each month (which should be roughly 11" long, finish each piece as an 8.5 x 11 "page" and make a stitching book from it. Not only will it be less unwieldy, it means I can change out fabric now and then so I don't have to worry about having enough of this Jobelan for the whole challenge.

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting stitch - don't think I've seen it before. I like the idea of a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sampler and your idea for a book. Beautiful colours and a real experiment with the stitch

    ReplyDelete