Monday, January 23, 2012

IHSW January 2012 - Well, I wasn't exactly a "hermit" stitcher

this past weekend, what with the Toledo Symphony concert Friday night, but I did stitch almost all day Saturday and a good portion of Sunday and got two completions chalked up to "International Hermit and Stitch Weekend"! The first was my CQJC2012/BJP2102 crazy quilt block, which I posted yesterday.

The second was the December 2011 Stash Buster project called Nana's Afghan (think Granny Squares in needlepoint!). I didn't make it full size as I really didn't need an insert for a tote or the like, so I downsized it to roughly 5 x 5 and will put it in the needlepoint ornament-to-be pile!

It is truly a stash buster as I used the same DMC flosses I used for the two pyramid socks (posted here and here)  in this monthly challenge...

Only one more project left to be kitted up and stitched in Stash-busters and I'll be caught up, at least until Ms. Perry sets another challenge before us! SO it's back to "Sewing with Mama"!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I just found your blog on the IHSW blog.

    Your needlepoint project is lovely and a great stash busting idea.

    ReplyDelete