Saturday, January 14, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 2

I'm making progress!

Bargello Club is caught up.

I'm only two projects behind in Stash Busters Club.

I'm ready to do the embroidery and beading on the Crazy Quilt Square for Crazy Quilt Journal Challenge and Bead Journal Project (January)

Take a Stitch Tuesday - week 2 is almost finished.

Where are the pictures, you ask? Well, there aren't any --- for those aspects of this year's challenges --- YET!.

But...

Thursdays' Finish Frenzy was to finish any "bugs" in my unfinished finished pile. And there was only one --- my butterfly pillow from 2006. So here it is --- my butterfly pillow, a little wonky (I should have blocked it again) but finished!


And I actually did get out "Sewing With Mama" and did some surface embellishment --- the red stitchery on the pillow sham and the outlines (very hard to see) on the tension regulator of the sewing machine:


Thursday night, I went to quilt guild and won the door prize! A copy of the NQA magazine. Will have to recycle that next meeting as the last thing *I* need is a quilting magazine!

Oh, and my husband and I cleared the house of Christmas decor  yesterday (the outside is still lit up --- it's snowing and that's no fun for taking down lights!). A week late but I'm thinking it was still January 6 somewhere in the universe...

I'm off to the Martin Luther King Day food drive in town. Wish me luck on the snowy roads.

1 comment:

  1. Great progress on your projects! I love the Sewing with Mama... fun memories for me... and the butterflies are really brilliantly colored! Both are just beautiful, Carol!

    ReplyDelete