Saturday, January 21, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 3

Well, the challenges are being managed pretty well, even with two interruptions to my stitching schedule: My husband's Master Gardener Appreciation DInner Thursday Night and a concert by the Toledo Symphony (Friday night) which involved driving to and from the Museum of Art in the first real snow storm of the year (I don't want to ever do THAT again!).

By the way, the Toledo Symphony "ROCKS". The concert was heavily Rome in theme (Roman Carnival Overture by Berlioz,  The Pines of Rome by Respighi, Spartacus Suite by Khachaturian and something REALLY modern called Circus Maximus by Corigliano). Joining the symphony were the Bowling Green State University Wind Symphony and the Toledo Glassmen (a drum and bugle corps), all of whom were stationed in the aisles and in the balconies around the museum's peristyle. WOW!

Anyway, back to stitchery. I did work on "Sewing with Mama" and got four more colors of backstitching, straight stitches and lazy daisy stitches done:

And I put together a 2009 unfinished finish (Coeur de lettres) for Finishing Frenzy:


The pillow finished 11 x 7 inches and is backed with a thin wale deep purple corduroy.

Also finished was my TAST2102 - week three stitch: Feather Stitch, previously posted.

And I tossed (and selected) floss for my CrazyQuilt Journal/Bead Journal piece and intend to start on that this weekend while I participate in the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend! Just what I needed, right? ANOTHER challenge for 2012. But this is an easy one because I'm doing WIPocaplypse 2102 anyway, my husband is going to to of the university's basketball games this weekend (GO! Falcons) and besides, there's three-four inches of snow on the ground so what else would I be doing?

So I'm thinking I need to get up off this chair and go stitch!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - you have been BUSY!! The concert sounds great! Details are really starting to pop on Sewing - I can only imagine how much more you see in person :) Love the pillow - but then, it's purple, which you can never go wrong with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Sewing..." is really coming along! I love that piece. =] And the pillow if fabulous! I'll have to look for that pattern and place it safely in my growing stash. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you mean that purple pillow, it is a DMC freebie that I found inside one of those boxed sets of threads... I think it was the linen ones. Anyway, I have a copy of it if you want.. email me (clmharper at aol dot com)and with a snail mail addy and I'll send it on.

    ReplyDelete