Saturday, March 17, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 11

FInally! Forced into it. I am all caught up, sort of --- Colors through the Ages, part 1 - Ancient Egypt - is here in pdf but I haven't kitted it up yet, and of course, I'm not talking about all those wonderful charts and kitted up pieces calling my name or those four nasty UFOs that have been in my cupboard forever, but...

I started outline "Kimono-Revisited"!  Now I'm not close to done, three skeins of Kreinik 5003 later, and the number of times I have had to rip out because of miscounts! AAARGH! Not that I haven't been a good girl. I gridded my fabric and tacked it to a frame (still having tension issues so I will likely re-tack it after the outline is done), and I copied the chart and counted and numbered the outline TWICE! And still found that I missed one little stair step of 5 x 3 stitches! You can see the shadow of where THAT one was ripped out because I was almost finished with the top half of chart 1 when I found that! I have a few more miscounts but for the life of me can't find where I went wrong (I'm going cross-eyed trying to read that tiny chart and count on over-one 24 ct congress cloth!) and since they aren't "significant", in my opinion, I'm leaving them (Please don't tell the teacher! LOL).

So here is a week's work on "Kimono-Revisited":

This is the start of the March International Hermit and Stitch Weekend and I hope to put in at least part of today* and most of tomorrow on the rest of the outline. Then I only need to catch up with all of February and March's assignments (26 blocks of stitchery altogether!).

*Tonight is a lost cause for stitchery since I have free tickets to Shen Yun, a Chinese dance troupe, and I am going!

No comments:

Post a Comment