Saturday, March 24, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 12

Again, it doesn't look like I got a lot done, and in fact, except for a Color Through the Ages piece and Take a Stitch Tuesday, both posted earlier this week, I didn't!  It didn't help that Tuesday night was a lost cause, stitchery-wise, since we had tickets to see the regional NCAAW basketball tournament which was being hosted by our local university (and one of my alma maters at that!). The game: No. 1 ranked Baylor v another of my alma maters, University of Florida! Needless to say, my Lady Gators weren't quite up to the job...

Every other night of this past week, that counting error (which I CANNOT find) on "Kimono - Revisited" more or less kept me away until Thursday night when I decided to say "to H... with it" and fudge! So I started in, only to find that somehow or other I had gotten lost in that dratted chart and had to rip out and restitch one whole column of outline. Let me tell you, if I EVER get this piece done, it will be a miracle of perseverance on my part!

Anyway, this is where the outlining stands right now...

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just HATE when you cannot figure out where you are off? My TW's The Castle was like that on the entire bottom half - I got off in a section of the rocks, around the dragon's tail, and couldn't find it, and ripped his tail out TWICE. I ended up fudging all the way across. Fortunately for TWs, you can't usually tell :) Your Kimono is looking awesome, regardless - I am excited to see some color go in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, most of what I stitch is fudged in one place or another when I hit one of these "where in heck did I go wrong" spots. But I was trying SO hard to make this one come out right... I was also going cross-eyed trying to count lines of stitches on such a small chart... so after several rip-outs and recounts and more ripouts, I finally gave up. I know the error is somewhere over on the left bottom quarter but I can't find it, and it rippled all the way over to the bottom right. AAARGH! Here's hoping the stitching within each "block" can compensate for that one or two stitch miscount...

    ReplyDelete