Friday, March 9, 2012

Take a Stitch Tuesday 2012- week 10

This week's stitch is the Running Stitch, a stitch I am familiar with but hardly ever use!

I've started a new "page" for March, on Wichelt Wood Violet 28ct Jobelan, and the running stitches are in GAST Cherry Bark with embellishment  of GAST Butternut Squash. I stitched a "typical" running stitch, and then some variants: threaded running stitch, whipped running stitch, interlaced running stitch, interlaced double running stitch and stepped threaded running stitch. Then, I went a step further and did a pattern darning border which can be found in the "Index of  Charts for Medieval Middle Eastern Counted-Thread Embroidery"  compiled by Mathilde Eschenbach.

2 comments:

  1. I do a LOT of running stitch, either as backstitch or blackwork. I like the colors you've put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool stitching, Carol! love the design on the left....

    ReplyDelete