Saturday, May 5, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 18

Didn't do too badly this week! For one thing, I caught up with "Kimono-Revisited" --- just barely since the May installment of 13 sections came in a day later. But ...

And I used that "Kimono-Free Zone" to do week 18 of TAST and make a start at the Color Palette Challenge - still more to do on this one but my start is pretty good so far:


I finished The May 2012 Stash-busting project, a piece made entirely from odds and ends of variegated glosses (an eclectic mix of GAST, WDW, DMC Variations, SanMan, Carries Creations, and Stranded by the Sea brands) with an DMC Ecru "grout" between the tiles:

Janet Perry intended this to be larger and destined to be an eyeglass case but, as usual, I trimmed it down and have no immediate ideas for it's use.Ornament? It's a little large (roughly 4" X 4") but maybe...

And finally, with the help (NOT) of that visiting frog, I made a start on "Ornaments ala Round". These are the four central bells (the blank spots will be filled with beads and Kreinik metallics).


Leaf Green Cashel linen (28 ct)  instead of teh gold used in the model. I didn't have any gold of the right size and didn't want to wait for (or pay for) a special order fabric when this perfectly suitable green was in my stash. Think I'll get it done in time to enter in the fair? Maybe if I left "Kimono" lapse again for a month or two...

1 comment:

  1. WOW - you got a LOT of stitches in! Kimono is looking great - the sparkles are really showing up in that photo! I can't wait to see more of Ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete