Thursday, May 3, 2012

Take A Stitch Tuesday 2012 Challenge - Week 18

This week's stitch was crossed buttonhole:

I'm doing May's "page" on 28ct Cashel linen ("Coral Reef") which has a different "hand" than the Jobelins I used on previous pages --- so my lines of stitching look a tad wonky (OK, it's not all the fabric's fault --- I have counting issues too! LOL). Threads were the usual GAST: Forest Glade, Butternut Squash and Old Blue Paint.

I also auditioned fabric for May's Color Palette Challenge:

What I like about this palette is that five of the fabrics above have appeared in previous Crazy Quilt Journal Challenge blocks (the floral red second from left, the batik orange, the two greens and the darker yellow) so there is "connection" with previous blocks. Sure hope there isn't a need for that floral red in future, though , because it's down to a scrap right now! I have a grid picked out and marked for the Crazy Quilt Journal and will be working on selecting embellishments today...

No comments:

Post a Comment