Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Two completions and a work-in-progress

First, here's my Take-a-Stitch Tuesday band for week 19 - half-chevron stitch:

I had already stitched three versions when I realized that I had too much slant in my stitch and realized  I was stitching it wrong... When I figured that out (lower left of the band), I decided to bail for the time being and use the correct stitch in my Color Palette/CrazyQuilt Journal/Bead Journal Project block for May... It's the red stitchery on the green ribbon, embellished with orange and pale yellow seed beads, in the lower right quadrant:

The color palette is the one provided by Judy Laquidara and VIcki Welch; the block is 6 x 6 square per the rules of the Crazy Quilt Journal Project and uses the grid for block 52 of Sharon B.'s  "I Dropped the Button Box" crazy quilt on Pin Tangle; and is also being stitched to satisfy the May installment of the Bead Journal Project.

My WIP is continued progress on "Ornaments ala Round", a Glendon Place chart:


Empty spaces are eventually to be filled with Kreinik braids and Mill Hill Seed Beads. I can tell you now --- I do not like those evergreen branches --- murder to count, for one thing. And I seriously doubt, now, that it will be done in time for the fair... Oh well, c'est la vie!


No comments:

Post a Comment