Saturday, June 2, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 22

I tried, I really tried ... but I simply do NOT enjoy stitching these darned evergreen boughs and even though the only time I didn't stitch on "Ornaments ala Round" was when I did this week's TAST, I made very little progress - all the dark green in the boughs, half the medium green, and no light green:

Still have all that metallic and beading to do as well!

The June Color Palette Challenge is out... it is based on a photo of a Stargazer Lily and can be seen either on Patchwork TImes or at Vicki Welch's blog.  Here is my fabric toss for this month's challenge, which will also serve as the basis for my bock for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project *and* the Bead Journal Project for June as well:


I plan to use the grid from block 29 from Sharon B's "I dropped the Button Box" project
. I've already prepared the foundation and planned out fabric placement.

The new "Stitching Guide" needlepoint class by Janet Perry starts this month, and there is a new set of 13 stitches for "Kimono-Revisited" waiting in my project basket. In addition, there will be the usual TAST and I expect another couple of small needlepoint projects from Janet Perry (Stash Buster, Mittens & Mini-Socks and Color Through the Ages) to arrive shortly. Looks like prioritizing is going to be a big issue this month because, while none of these take a lot of time, each takes at least two days away from stitching on Ornaments...

No comments:

Post a Comment