Saturday, June 30, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 26

The year is half gone and I seem to have only completed "smalls"... class assignments and the like. But hopefully the rest of the year will include some larger pieces (I have six or seven kitted up --- it's just that late last night, they didn't appeal to me at all...).

Anyway, I'm caught up again (except for "Kimono- revisited, of course), with the completion last night of the stocking for Mittens & Mini-Socks. It's called "One Singular Carnation" and is a bit larger than the others in the series given the pattern being stitched.:

DMC floss --- pinks, from dark to light,  were 3802, 3350, 3805 and 3354; greens, from dark to light were 3818 and 3816, and the cuff was done in an older skein of blanc (which looks a little yellowed with age after having stitched so much recently with B5200...). Anyway, in order to do the mitten, I'd have to enlarge that template too and I don't feel up to the math right now so I will make this a single... Now, if only I can stop humming "One Singular Sensation" from "A Chorus Line"! LOL

Lesson 5 for the Stitch Guide class came through last night and I've read through it. So I'm keeping up with my reading but not really in a position to do a stitch guide for my painted canvas. I suspect, given the size, the shading and the detail, it's going to have to be be all tent stitch anyway -  or put away for future generations to deal with... Big mistake in purchasing...

Coming up: July Color Palette will be posted tomorrow as will the July "13" for "Kimono - Revisited". And on Tuesday, there will be the start of the July installments for Take A Stitch Tuesday. Guess I need to get "Kimono" out and start on the June 13 and hope that I can get that out of the way and that when I do, I will be hearing siren calls from some of my kits-in-waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment