Monday, June 18, 2012

International Hermit & Stitch Weekend, June 2012

I did try to get in stitching around cleaning up for company (houseguests arrive today at noon and stay through Thursday...)

In addition to finishing "Ornaments ala Round" on Friday...

Saturday morning I took "Ornaments a;a Round" to the framer as well as "Sewing with Mama!", "Purrfect" and "CatPack".

Saturday afternoon I kitted out three Gift of Stitching Charts, and three Janet Perry "classes (Stash Buster, Mini-Socks & Mittens, and Color Through the Ages)

Saturday night and Sunday all day I stitched --- and completed --- three Christmas ornaments which I think, if I finish them out properly, will be a fair entry.  They are my variants on "Oh, Christmas Tree", designed by Charlotte Smythe (Charlotte's Web) and published in the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Issue of 2009. Instead of stitching one tree in four or five colors of GAST, I stitched three trees, each in it's own shade of GAST; from left to right: Dried Thyme, Pine and Mistletoe. On 28ct DMC white linen...
I'm thinking of trying to match the colors with cotton fabric form my stash for backs, and trim them out with silver cording.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use just one colour per tree. And they all are lovely. A very productive IHSW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the trees - that's probably what I would have come up with, too, given time :) Can't wait to see your framed pieces come back!

    ReplyDelete