Friday, June 29, 2012

Some finishes...

Three more Christmas ornaments for the fair - Candy Cane Hors, based on a pattern from the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Orrnament Issue 2009, design by Charlotte Dockens of Charlotte's Collectibles on 14 ct plastic canvas using DMC cotton floss and Kreinik blending filament. Backed with dark green felt. I changed colors for each horse:

Take a Stitch Tuesday - week 26, Palestrina stitch - i tried perle to learn the stitch as it said in the tutorial it worked best but I had issues with tension, so I switched to 6-stranded floss (Needlepaint 2011) for a curled approach and, indeed, I did have trouble with the floss separating. Couldn't seem to get a smooth curve until the very end either, possibly because I worked it in reverse and wasn't at all comfortable with it


Here's June's "page" with the three stitches (wheeled buttonhole, cable chain and Palestrina)we did this month:


A Janet Perry Stash Buster called Sumarta- a 4" x 4" square on 18 ct mono-canvas, floss from my "scrap stash - mostly DMC but also some Stranded by the Sea, WDW, GAST, Carrie's Creations, Wildflowers and SanMan Strands! I surprised myself by how many greens and blues were in that stash - it was a real challenge to get "random" with this one!


Working hard on the latest "Mini-Socks & Mittens" bargello - when they are finished, I will be caught up with everything EXCEPT "Kimono-Revisited".

Fair registration starts Monday... Whew!


No comments:

Post a Comment