Saturday, February 11, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 6

Somehow, I lost my focus this week and several things did NOT get done, primary of which is Take a Stitch Tuesday, week 6. I hope to get that done this weekend.

And I still am waiting for the outline threads I ordered to come in, so I'm already more than a week behind in "Kimono-Revisited." I sod have the stretcher frames, though so I hope to stretch the canvas after gridding it (not taking ANY chances on messing this one up, count-wise) this weekend...

Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal Project/Color Palette has lain idle all week...

And not a single stitch was put into "Sewing with Mama"!

But the canvas arrived for the last Bargello CLub piece and it is kitted out...

Girls' NIght Out on Tuesday and quilt guild on Thursday took away two stitching days as well...

My Finishing Frenzy this week wasn't really a long unfinished project, but the Stash Buster Club "Beach Mat", which I've renamed "Aurora Borealis"! The photo is one my husband took of Hubbard Glacier on our Alaskan Cruise in 2008:


And I've picked out next week's Frenzy candidates: 7 ornaments I stitched way back in  early 2002 (Photos 1 - 7 in my 2002 album). 

As for this week's stitchery, I'm nearly finished with my version of the Stash Buster Club piece called "Scotch & Soda." My version is attenuated --- not only is the total area smaller, I gave up on Scotch stitches way earlier than the instructions asked for and am doing a background in ecru tent stitch. Even with over 15 different colors of brown, it was getting impossible to NOT put one color against another! What is more, the over-three stitches were so SMALL! Did I misread instructions again? Was the canvas a smaller count than my 18? Possibly... but now it is less Scotch & Soda and more pebbles on a sandy beach!

1 comment:

  1. The frame came out great!! And I like your S&S - will be curious to see how this ends up :)

    ReplyDelete