Saturday, February 25, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 8

I can't believe it! I FINISHED "Sewing with Mama!" Cursing as I stitched but it's done. Have to say, I'm not a fan of the finished product --- the issues I had form the beginning with the colorways in the kit were magnified when the top stitching went on. A lot of it simply can't be seen. For example, can you find the eyeglasses in this photo? I can only because I know that that little sprinkle of white "confetti" near the sewing machine base is the silver filament used to stitch them --- no matter what light I used to photograph this beast, those glasses simply do NOT show up!

Oh well, it's done and now I can move on... to "Kimono - Revisited"! OMG

Oh, and FInishing Frenzy this week brought out a needlepoint piece I designed myself (!!!) back in 1974! It's now a pillow and I need to buy more polyfill  because this little 12 x 12 pillow ate it all up!




2 comments:

  1. Carol - I love them both! I did find the glasses before I read where you said they were placed..but I wasn't positive I was right. Still, it's a beautiful piece and I know you're happy it's completed.

    Now your pillow is right in style! With the retro craze going on it's perfect! Way to cute!

    Congratulations on the finishes and happy stitching next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of them are wonderful! A big congrats on finishing the pillow! I don't have anything from that long ago. In the '70s I did a lot of knitting for my kids and sewed clothes for them, too. But I didn't do any cross stitch until about 1982. My first cross stitch piece was a small yellow rose. I gave it to my grandmother. When she passed I got it back and I still have it.

    ReplyDelete