Saturday, July 14, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 28

It may seem like I didn't stitch much this week with only two "completions" and little else to show and I suppose that was partially true --- no stitching on Tuesday because of Girls' Night Out or Thursday because of quilt guild meeting but, really, I did stitch quite a lot.

I did the TAST for the week and finished my Color Palette/Crazy Quilt Journal Page/Bead Journal project block for July. And I stitched on "Kimono-Revisited"! I actually got June's installments done (along with a lot of yelling and ripping out --- some of those patterns simply would NOT stick in my brain):


I even got working last night on the first part of the July sections  only got one part done though - stitches are so SMALL on this congress cloth and it's so hard to see what I'm doing half the time, even with magnification!:

I finished all the threads I had but one so am starting over with the entire thread selection --- having put aside three sets of threads for sections which are repeats of ones done earlier. I decided that, since this was supposed to be a scrap kimono, made up from scraps of OTHER garments, that is a pattern was repeated, so would the colors I used used the first time (I just don't feel creative enough to try a made-up stitch and these colors are hard enough to work with as it is - I'm already tiring of my color-way choice - can you tell?). Besides surely there were 130 different kimonos in the same color way in that ancient Japanese sewist's cupboard?

The last Stitch Guide lesson arrived last night and I skimmed through it. The latest Mitten & Mini-Sock piece still awaits canvas before kitting it up (it calls for all sorts of metallics which I only have a limited selection of - DMC and Kreinik, primarily - so I'm a little flummoxed about how I will stitch this thing from stash) 

I didn't get time to put in any stitches on "Birds of a Feather"... hopefully I will catch up with "Kimono" before the August sections are released and be able to work on that ore-or-less full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment