Saturday, July 21, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 29

Besides TAST and Color Through the ages, which I posted on the 19th, I have one more completion for this week - The Aurora Borealis mitten:


The Aurora "pattern" is my own, based on a photo called "Green Aurora Rising"  but I used blue threads instead of green because my stash was somewhat skimpy on green "shiny" threads!

The Aurora is Kreinik 1/16" ribbon (014HL), DMC Jewel effects (E334), Kreinik #4 braid - 3 strands (3214) and DMC Pearlescent effects (E3747). The "sky" is DMC 3750 (I have coverage issues with dark threads...) and the cuff is DMC 3756.

I plan on doing the sock as well, although I need to buy more DMC 3750!

Otherwise, my stitching has been focused on the July installments of "Kimono - Revisited" which I hope to have completed before the weekend is over... After all, this is International Hermit and Stitch Weekend so I should be putting some time in (after my husband's garden is clear of visitors, that is --- he's on the local hosta and daylily society's garden tour today!).

No comments:

Post a Comment