Thursday, July 19, 2012

Some completions...

Take a Stitch Tuesday - week 29: Basque Stitch:
It was "OK" but not really pleasing to stitch --- I'm not a fan of trying to keep a needle in the fabric while wrapping thread around it. My fingers always end up being too big! But my circle is a little better on this one --- now if only I could keep the "rays" all the same length!

Janet Perry's "Color Through the Ages", lesson Five - Japan (A Japanese Star):

Based on the dsicussion in the lesson, I opted for a "September" feel of fallen leaves and went with DMC3830 as the accent color (in the sashing) and the color range of 3820, 3821, 3822 and 3823 as the dominant color (the stars and the backgrounds). Perhaps the color choice wasn't different enough to show the centers of the stars off well enough but finding a range of colors for that deep gold "fallen leaf" color isn't that easy to do... at least in my stash!

Now back to "Kimono - Revisited"!

No comments:

Post a Comment