Thursday, July 5, 2012

Stash Buster completion...

Another in Janet Perry's Stash-busting Projects. It's called Gran's Afghan:


I was thinking of doing it all in shades of brown/beige/tan, of which I have a surfeit in my stash scraps but, when I realized how many blues I had in the last stash buster, I decided maybe a little Blue Delft made more sense. Trouble was, I only had 12 blues and
I didn't want to repeat a color II have enough problems with random as it is) so I tossed a mental coin between greens (again, a surfeit) and purples and purple came up trumps (I had seven of them, JUST enough to use each one once the way this pattern worked out in a 4 x 4 inch square). So, DMC floss, ecru as the borders, blues as the larger "ring" and purples as the inner ring.

This one is meant to be a card case but, as with the others which had a specific " purpose", I went with an ornament size instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment