Saturday, July 28, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 30

Well, I need some sleep, having spent the last six hours watching men's cycling road race! Why, you ask, as if you know me, you know I can't keep a bicycle upright at street speeds, let alone 50 mph? Well, it was started and finished in the neighborhood of where we lived for nearly 5 years and it was so cool to see our old neighborhood from the air (from Putney Bridge through Richmond Park) , however fast they moved through!

At 9:30, I was first in line at the fairground to hand in my entries  (three categories of ornaments, one cross-stitch set, one framed picture and one fair theme entry). What I found out was that they already have next year's theme selected so I need to ask when I collect my pieces on August 8. Then I can concentrate on what I stitch for the fair earlier than I did with "Ornaments ala Round"!

Anyway, besides TAST, "Kimono" and Mittens & Mini-Socks  this week, I worked on "Birds of a Feather" and here is where I am so far...

It's slow (because nothing is more uninteresting than straight lines! I thrive on patterns!) but it's progressing...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the fair entries! Yes, I agree, straight lines are a nice break from other things occasionally, but they lose their appeal quickly!

    ReplyDelete