Saturday, August 25, 2012

2102 - A Year of Challenges, Week 34: Take a Stitch Tuesday and Color Through the Ages


Catching up on "smalls"!

Take a Stitch Tuesday, Week 34, was the "Linked Double Chain". I did it as both a straight line and a meander, using perle cotton:


Color Through The Ages, Lesson 6, was "Colors of the Amish" and took the form of a log cabin quilt block:



Yeah, I know --- it doesn't look a lot like a log cabin to me either --- I tried to stick to the colors the Amish around here wear --- purples and blue, and sadly, in my stash, they aren't different enough to really show the log cabin effect. Anyway, I used DMC floss throughout: 301 for the border; 666 for the corners and the centers of each log cabin block; 824, 825 and 826 for the blues; and 794, 793 and 792 for the purples.

Perhaps it if weren't on a twinchie and each "log" were more than one row thick, it might show up better, but I think I need to check my color choices on swatches before setting stitches in the final piece (it's too darned hard to rip out a mistake on this canvas with floss).

No comments:

Post a Comment