Thursday, August 23, 2012

Two completions yesterday


In the Janet Perry Mittens & Mini-Socks bargello "club", I finished the "Japanese Maple" set for August. 



On 18 ct canvas, I used DMC Variegate 106 for the "Japanese Maple" strip and DMC987 for the background. DMC 500 is the cuff.

As is my wont, I misread the directions and, thinking the background Ms. Perry stitched on her model was in a variegated, I searched my stash in vain for a green variegated or overdyed in a particular shade of gray green and failed miserably. It wasn't until I was stitching the cuff that I realized she used two shades of green in the background. Oops!

So maybe mine isn't a Japanese maple but the sugar maple in our backyard that invariably has one branch go bright orange red in the fall weeks before the rest of the tree changes color...

No comments:

Post a Comment