Thursday, August 2, 2012

WIPocalypse 2012 - August 2, 2012

What did I do this past month? 

Well, there were 



I was pretty much caught up --- until today, when two online projects came in --- the 13 sections for "Kimono - Revisited" and the latest Janet Perry Stash Buster!  Also waiting in the wings is this month's Color Palette Challenge which is yet to be "kitted up" (I need to pull fabrics, seam treatments and beads) for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project/Bead Journal  Project...

I took my entries to the fair office on the 28th of July and they were judged as follows:

Four blue ribbons...
*Cross-stitch set of ornaments

* set of perforated paper ornaments (hard to see as it was so far away!) 

* "Sewing with Mama" in the 14-ct framed picture needlework category

* Set of needlework framed pictures, any fabric count ("Purrfect" and "Cat Pack")


One red (plastic canvas Christmas ornaments, set of three) - I saw the blue in that category, I think, and I don't know why they were considered better than mine but, hey, I'll take it!

and one white --- "Ornaments ala Round" in the fair theme "Twas the Night Before Christmas". Sadly, it was up against quilts and so really didn't have a snowball's chance of doing better, I fear. Not bad for something I rushed to get ready, I suppose, but I'm still disappointed considering the effort I did put in, the amount of metallic and beading on it, etc... Bad photo as it was way to far away for me to get close enough to get a good pic.

My fair record is perfect --- three years of entries, every entry has come away with a ribbon of some sort! Michael Phelps, eat your heart out! LOL But maybe I should quit while 'm ahead!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS - on your well-deserved wins, and on all the things you accomplished in a month! I wouldn't like a piece of cross stitch to go up against a quilt in any category - apples & oranges, that.

    ReplyDelete