Saturday, April 21, 2012

2012: A Year of Challenges - week 16

Well, I finally squeezed in TAST Thursday --- and started back again on Kimono-Revisited. Here is my progress so far (it's slow because i find I can't see the holes in this congress cloth as well as I thought I would be able to. Over one on 32-count is a bear!).

This is where it was as of April 17 It was moving along quite nicely until I hit that purple below the green stripes - I misread the chart and, while it looked OK,  it HAD had to be frogged - it was rayon and had to be cut out --- little fluffs of rayon all over the place! Needless to say, that slowed me down a lot):

When I hit a "what color next?" block. Finally resolved to just plow ahead and here it is as of 2.5 hours of stitching last night (only 5.5 sections done!):


I suppose I could consider working all weekend on this and catch up - it is International Hermit & Stitch weekend for April, after all, but I do so want to finish kitting up my three outstanding Janet Perry classes (Stash Busters only needs some canvas cut; Mittens & Mini-Socks needs a floss toss; Color through the Ages ALSO needs a floss toss) and that  Glendon Place piece "Ornaments ala Round" that I want to do for the fair also needs a floss toss (I have the beads and the silk ---just need to get the DMC out, and some fabric too). Oh, and I made a major mistake last night. I was cleaning out my back catalogs and was getting ready to pitch them but I left the stack on the kitchen island before we left for the radio station for the phone bank (5:30 in the AM is NOT my best time for thinking ahead!). When we got home, hubby caught sight of the stack, especially the one on top (Nordic Needle) and a cover photo of a winter sampler ... darned pricey in my opinion, especially when you throw in the silks asked for (and Nordic Needle's prices for fabric... GASP!). Still, his response (my husband is an enabler) was "why worry about cost if you like what you are stitching? So... I ordered it (I'm easily convinced! LOL) and found a substitute fabric at Stitches 'n Things for about 1/3 the cost of what it would cost at Nordic Needle. Just what I need --- another BAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment