Sunday, April 1, 2012

March's "page" for Take a Stitch Tuesday 2102

I played with spider web, chain, French knots  and pattern darning stitches to fill the page, since there was no fourth stitch for March...

And I learned that stitching from the pattern as it appears on my iPad isn't the best approach. Not only does it go to sleep far to easily, the iPad loves to rotate the page when I want it to stay in one position so I can compare it with what I'm stitching. next time I do pattern darning, I'm printing out the pattern!

Color Palette Challenge for April is out today: http://www.patchworktimes.com/2012/04/01/april-2012-color-palette-challenge/ Never in my life would I have thought to use a moldy pie as color inspiration! But off to find eight fabrics to make my crazy block... ANYTHING to put off working on "Kimono-revisited" (speaking of which, the next 13 stitches were issued yesterday! AAARGH! Now I'm THREE months behind!).

1 comment:

  1. This looks really cute - I love the way it all ties together! I know some people stitch from their screens (a lot of Chatelaine stitchers, especially, with the chart in Super Blown Up mode) - I don't think I could, except maybe a very small bit - I'd have to re-learn, re-coordinate myself to accommodate a screen, which you can't just stick anywhere with a magnet :)

    ReplyDelete